This week Congress starts its two-week Independence Day holiday. We’re hoping to take next week off from writing our little newsletter, but we’ll be back.
Among the highlights from this past week:
- Senate Appropriators adopted 302(b) allocations that are very different from the House’s untenable numbers, but with many Republican defections
- the National Defense Authorization Act got a full committee markup in the House
- the Leg Branch Approps bill was reported by the full Appropriations Committee with a few culture-war amendments
- a resolution to allow for unions in the Senate was introduced by Sen. Brown
- the Congressional Data Task Force discussed significant efforts to modernize congressional technology
- the PRESS Act was introduced in both chambers
- OMB released guidance for the Access to Congressionally Mandated Reports Act.